Tel. +30 22860 32601, Fax +30 22860 33442
Location - Kamari Santorini
Hotel Glaros is situated in a quiet area in Kamari
- 150 m from the beach
- 100 m from the bus stop
- 8 km from Fira (capital of Santorini)
Kamari is famous for its marvelous beach, covered with black sand and pebbles. A well organized beach awarded with two E.U. blue flags. Water sports, sunbeds and sunshades are available but also plenty of room for lying free on the sand.
Kamari village was built after the earthquake of 1956, when the most houses in Mesa Gonia were destroyed. At the entrance of Kamari is the church "Panagia Mirtidiotissa" that has a festival on the 24th of September.
One of the biggest religious feast of the Orthodox is on the 15th of August, the Assumption of the Virgin, in "Panagia Episkopi". The church was built in the late 11th century and is an important Byzantine monument, located at Mesa Gonia "the old village of Kamari".
Following a path up to the mountain "Mesa Vouno", you can reach the church "Zodochou Pigi" with a small cave and the only water spring of the island. A visit to the city of "Ancient Thera" (9th century B.C.) on the top of the Mesa Vouno (385 m) is also very interesting.